It’s American Heart Month, a great time to remember that fitness can be fun! It’s important to get regular exercise to keep your heart strong (and your total body healthy), but it’s also important to make the activities you choose fun. If it’s not fun, you won’t do it!
At Sparkles Kennesaw, we offer roller skating to great music from a DJ; what better way to have a blast and keep your heart healthy?
Health Benefits of Skating
- There are a number of health benefits related to roller skating. For one, it’s low-impact–easy on the joints–making it appropriate for the entire family.
- It is also a wonderful cross training exercise. Roller skating burns calories, reduces body fat and strengthens the core, the arms and the legs. It’s perfect for athletes who are looking to keep in shape during the off-season.
- As far as the calorie burn goes, you can burn between 300 and 600 calories per hour depending upon your weight and how quickly you skate.
- Skating is also a great pick me up! When you skate, you just have to smile. The music and the social aspect of roller skating make it one of the most enjoyable exercise options around.
- Roller skating also helps to improve your balance and coordination. Since you have to engage your core to stay upright, this improves your balance, and since you have to work your arms and legs in tandem to keep moving, this improves your coordination.
- And finally, it strengthens the heart! The American Heart Association says that skating is an effective aerobic exercise that can help you have a healthier heart.
Head to Sparkles Kennesaw today, and be sure to check out our Fall and Winter Schedule page for upcoming events and specials!
Photo by Unsplash via Pixabay